Ironbark Chopping Board
These ironbark chopping slabs should last forever.
- Suitable for cutting meat and cheese and sourdough bread.
- Dimensions approx 25cm diameter x 5cm thick. About 5kg weight
- Wipe down with a damp cloth. After use wipe with a light touch of olive oil to maintain the integrity of the slab.
- Not to be washed. Not for dishwasher.
- Some minor internal cracking can occur over time, these cracks can be filled with epoxy resin or a hot glue gun.
Many chefs and home cooks prefer end grain boards, which allows the knife to penetrate the board slightly without significant dulling, chop after chop. End-grain boards also show off the beautiful tree rings.
The end-grain boards available at most retailers are typically made of scraps of hardwood glued together, but ours are hewn from solid logs. The result is a durable, attractive, board with no artificial chemicals, glues or veneers. The finish is 100% Extra virgin olive oil, we don’t use chemicals, only a food grade finish.
These ironbark slabs are sanded to a fine finish.